Mini Split AC Systems Houston, TX
What is a Mini Split AC System?
If you are looking for a compact and affordable air conditioning system, a mini-split AC unit may be exactly what you need!
For many years now, ductless air-conditioners (like a Mini Split AC system) have been a preferred quiet solution for cooling and heating individual spaces around the world.
A Mini Split AC system has three main components:
- An indoor air-handling unit
- An outdoor condensing unit
- And a remote controller
Mini split AC units are easily connected by refrigerant lines running through a small three-inch opening in the wall or ceiling.
A mini split’s outdoor AC unit cycles the refrigerant through the lines to and from the indoor unit, where the air is conditioned and distributed into the space. Installation is as simple as mounting the indoor and outdoor units, connecting the refrigerant lines, and making a few electrical connections.
Advantages of Mini Split AC Units
For the Home: with mini split systems, there is no need for ductwork or taking up window spaces. The sleek wall-mounted indoor unit fits securely and discreetly high on the wall. The outdoor unit is slim and requires minimal ground space or service clearance.
For the Office: Mini Splits are the perfect solution for those offices and zones within your commercial establishment that are never the right temperature.
Other Mini Split Air Conditioner Advantages Include:
- Mini split systems are compact and take up little space.
- Mini splits can offer zoning capabilities for up to four individual spaces.
- Some applications may be much easier to install than a traditional HVAC system.
- Mini splits offer more security than window units.
Mini Split Air Conditioning Disadvantages:
- They may cost up to 30% more than traditional forced-air HVAC equipment.
- Proper installation is crucial for performance.
- Some do not like the appearance of indoor systems.