AC Repair Houston, TXLooking for expert AC repair in Houston? Look no further!
If you live in Houston, you know the importance of a functioning AC system. Houston summers can be boiling, with temperatures often exceeding 100 degrees. When your air conditioning system malfunctions, you need a fast, reliable solution.
At Dave Lane's Hi-Tech Mechanical, we offer professional AC repair throughout the greater Houston area. We'd be happy to come to your home as soon as possible to diagnose the problem, repair your air conditioning system, and restore your home to a cool, comfortable temperature.
Give us a call today at 713-465-6345 to schedule your AC repair service.
Signs You Need an Air Conditioning Repair
If your air conditioner is failing to keep your home at a comfortable temperature, it's probably in need of repair. However, you may be unsure whether your air conditioning system needs professional service or whether it is experiencing a temporary problem that you could fix yourself.
Here are a few signs that you need an air conditioning repair service:
- AC blowing warm air
- Inability to reach your target temperature
- Water leaking from the unit
- High humidity in your home
- Loud or strange noises coming from the unit
- Foul smells coming from the unit
- Short air conditioning cycles
- Increases in your energy bills
Each of these signs could indicate an underlying problem that requires a professional to rectify. If you notice any of these issues, we recommend contacting our Houston AC repair company as soon as possible to prevent the problem from worsening.
How to Troubleshoot Your Air Conditioner
Many homeowners like to troubleshoot their air conditioners themselves before contacting a professional AC repair company, as some problems are easy fixes.
Here are a few tips to help you troubleshoot your AC:
- Check the thermostat: Make sure your thermostat is correctly set. Also, if your AC is running continually, make sure you have it on "auto" instead of "on."
- Examine your air filter: A dirty air filter can limit the airflow from your vents and impact your AC's ability to keep your house cool. If your air filter looks dirty or clogged, you should replace it.
- Check your circuit breaker: If your AC doesn't come on at all, it may have tripped the circuit breaker. Open your breaker panel and look for switches that are not in the "on" position. Then, try turning these switches on and see if your AC begins working.
- Examine your outdoor unit: Some AC problems can result from your outdoor unit becoming obsturcted. If plants and debris are blocking your outdoor unit’s air intake, it may be causing performance problems. Clear away any debris or plant growth to give your system room to operate properly.
Still not sure what's going on? We'd be happy to come to your home to diagnose the problem for you and repair it all in the same visit!
The Most Common Issues Requiring an AC Repair
- Low refrigerant: Refrigerant is necessary to replace the heat in your home with cool air. When your refrigerant begins running low, there may be a leak in the line or compressor.
- Frozen coils: AC coils can freeze due to a lack of airflow or a dirty air filter. This problem may prevent your AC from producing cool air.
- Leaking water: If your AC unit is leaking water, the condensate drain line may be clogged, preventing the water from draining outside your home. Leaking water could also result from a dirty air filter, low refrigerant, or a broken condensate pump.
- Malfunctioning fan: The fan within the AC system is responsible for blowing cool air throughout your home. If your fan isn't running, you could have a faulty motor, bad fan belt, faulty thermostat, or another problem on your hands.
What to Expect from an Expert AC Repair Company
Hiring a professional AC repair company is the best way to fix your air conditioning problem quickly and reliably. With our decades of HVAC experience, we ensure that our technicians are fully equipped to go above and beyond for our customers, keeping Houston comfortable, one home at a time.
When you hire our AC repair experts, we will:
1. Come to your home at a time convenient for you.
2. Diagnose the problem.
3. Inform you about your repair options.
4. Repair the issue using the industry's best tools and techniques.
5. Ensure that your AC is running well.
Houston can always count on our team to display professionalism and expertise throughout each AC repair service, allowing our customers to feel confident placing their air conditioning systems in our hands.
SCHEDULE A FAST & RELIABLE AC REPAIR WITH HOUSTON'S FINEST
To ensure you don’t fall prey to costly or even poorly done repairs, be sure to hire a licensed and experienced HVAC company.
As the top AC Repair contractor in Houston, TX, Dave Lane's Hi-Tech Mechanical Inc. is always ready to give you the very best AC repair services available. Don’t wait for your air conditioning problems to get worse; call the experts at 713-465-6345 today!
You can always count on our team for fast, reliable, and professional AC repair in Houston, TX.
AC Repair FAQs
The growth of mold on vents occurs when the vent temperatures are lower than those of the surrounding air. This causes condensation. It arises from:
- Low evaporator airflow caused by lack of air conditioning maintenance, dirty filters, high-resistance filters, and/or poor duct design.
- Excess indoor water vapor
You should get your AC system cleaned professionally, performance-tested, and repaired if any problems are found. This will ensure that the correct amount of air goes through the fan and that your system properly drains condensation.
Yes- You need to first make sure that the system is turned on and that the thermostat is correctly set. Also, Make sure your air filters are clean and clear of any blockages. If the problems persist, you will need to call an AC repair professional. Be sure to take note of any strange smells or noises you've encountered regarding your HVAC system and inform the technician before the air conditioning repair process begins.
You will know that your system isn’t working properly when it:
- Makes strange noises
- Doesn’t heat or cool all areas of your home sufficiently
- Takes longer than usual to heat up or cool down
- Is causing a steady increase in your utility bills for no apparent reason
Remember, the longer you delay when you notice these problems, the more expensive the air conditioning repair service will be. Talk to Dave Lane's Hi-Tech Mechanical today so we can resolve all of these problems for you.
Common reasons your AC unit may be blowing warm air include:
- Dirty or clogged air filter
- Frozen evaporator coil
- Thermostat settings errors
- Refrigerant leak
If your AC unit is blowing warm air, give our team a call now, you may need a Professional AC repair.
This is a difficult question to answer. Most people like turning off their air conditioning unit at night, or when the weather is cool. However, if you live in a neighborhood with high humidity, this might cause problems.
Air conditioners are designed to remove humidity and moisture from your air. Since this process takes a couple of days, your unit will only maintain comfortable temperatures once all the humidity has been eradicated. Therefore, when you turn your unit off and the relative humidity is high, you will end up using more energy to fire up your air conditioner the next time you turn it on.
Most air conditioning repair services cost anywhere between $125 and $600, depending on the problem.